I would like this site to be one to which you will return often to find unusual cars that may be of interest both to you, and to your friends.
As many of you know, I have been heavily involved in the world of Ferrari for over 50 years.
Although I am still a Ferrari enthusiast and probably will always be so, there are so many others, they are all cars that we know, love and love to drive.
I will try to continue to seek out the unusual, and the exotic, but most of all, the affordable, cars that you can actually drive and enjoy with out losing too much $leep.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any question about any unusual car that you may have an interest in, or, that you may know of that is on the market.
Here are the answers to some FAQ's that I would like to share.
1) No, I do not own them.
2) I am offering them because that is what I do.
3) I do not know why they (the owners) choose to part with their cars, only that which they tell me.
4) They are cars, and cars are rarely perfect.
5) All prices are subject to the whims of the owner, please, don't be bashful, go ahead, ask, make an offer.
6) I have not ascended to a state of perfection. I offer used cars,
I also offer dreams.
7) "Philville" is a state of mind. You will not find it on a map. Not all are invited. Appointments are optional (my option). Sanity is not necessarily required.
8) I know that all cars are not for all people but some times they do create a foundation for mutually beneficial conversation between enthusiasts.
I enjoy what I do,
I take pleasure in talking with fellow enthusiasts,so please, do not disillusion me.
9) Yes, I did fail grammer in the 6th grade, and yes my spelling is at times unusual.
10) And finally, yes, I do hope you will share this site with others with similar automotive interests .
When all else fails, I return to my mantra,
“I have done so much for so long with so little that now,
I think I can do anything with nothing."
Philip A. Tegtmeier
NOT for the feint of heart.
Ferrari # 22857 was built for the personal use of a Master Ferrari Technician who is known not only for his ability but for his penchant for perfection.
A personal project to build the ultimate street 308 capable of satisfying the "Club driver" who needs more.
Originally a european dry sump engine 22857 has undergone a carefully planned and (IMO) an over engineered development to a conservative 350+ HP.
Like the wild stallion that it is, 22857 has the potential to be frighteningly fast while retaining the traffic manners of a far more sedate vehicle,
With the many changes, from wheels and tires, suspension, drive train and engine, it was built with the thought that at some point it could be returned to original.
This car needs a new home, one with an enthusiast who wants a 308 GTB that DRIVES the way it looks.
If you are not one who needs a car that can win a "Ferrari Concours" but drives as a Ferrari should, please contact me for all the specs, more pictures, price and what you need to do to see the car.
If you are one who demands absolute originality, feel free to contact me, I love talking Ferrari, but do not want to waste your time explaining why it is the wrong car for you.
As are most things, price is negotiable, but understanding the car first is (In my opinion) more important.
Thanks for reading,